Friday, August 2, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots


Hi everyone!  I'm excited to finally get a chance to post.  It's been another busy week.  First, I had a leak and woke up to a small swamp in my apartment (argh!).  I was also preparing for a family reunion - which turned out to be a great couple of days with family.  It was wonderful to be able to be able to see my aunts and cousins, some of whom I haven't see in years!

So now...back to the nails!

I picked up this bottle of Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots Blue Marks the Spot (which must be the longest name is polish history) and wanted to try it out.  I used Rimmel Blue Eyed Girl as a base then I added the Blue Marks.  This polish is packed with glitter; one coat is probably enough.  I was being a bit of a glitter glutton, so I went for two.

To add a little variety, I polished the glitter over manicure tapes on the ring finger and decided to stamp the thumb.  I used Pueen 8 and Kleancolor Pastel Blue for the stamping.


I haven't tried many glitter polishes with different sizes and shapes of glitter.  What have I been doing?  This stuff is awesome! The variety of glitter adds interest to your nails, even if you're just wearing it over a simple polish. Blue Marks was the only one left on the shelf, but I'd really like to try out some of the other ones!

I hope you're enjoying your summers, Konaddicts.  Can you believe we're creeping into August now?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

ManisbyMoore said...

Very pretty!! I love the blue! I hope none of your personal items got damaged in the flood of your apartment!

bjones0625 said...

Jocie, I absolutely love this manicure, the colors are beautiful and the changes with the color there make it FABULOUS!Love it!

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis