Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fade to Plaid


Hello, everyone!
We're having sweater weather here!  Brrr....   To go along with my winter sweaters, I created this Fall plaid nail design.  My gradients still aren't perfect...argh...but here's what I used for this one.

This is a base of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Petal Pusher.  I made a gradient with that lovely and strange caramel, L'Oreal The Perfect Trench.  This is stamped with plate QA24 (from eBay), a unique, plaid french manicure design that I've been dying to try.  I used Revlon Top Speed in Espresso to stamp over the gradient.

So...here's my gradient problem (or at least one of them!) - I can't find a good sponge!  I bought the Konad sponging set - which was really expensive to get a few foam sponges.  The sponges worked like a champ, though.  I find I do better when I use eye shadow applicators, maybe because of the small area.  I just haven't had a chance to make it back to Sally's to resupply.  

Also, I figured I should be able to do this really cheaply, so I'm currently using pieces from a replacement mop head (!).  It works, I just can't quite get the color on where I want it.
     Sigh...
          Any suggestions, polish lovers?

4 comments:

Chester said...

Lovely mani! I'd love to own a sweater like that. For sponging I use those wedge-shaped (or sometimes just rectangled) make-up sponges.

Maria said...

love this one!

Jocelyn said...

Thank you! Your post on fuzzy nails sealed the deal. I have already ordered flocking powder! :)

Jocelyn said...

Okay - I haven't tried that! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis