Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Candycanes

I'm back with another Christmas manicure!

For these simple stripes, I started with a base of Pure Ice Siren and used Revlon Top Speed Emerald for the accent nail.  Once those base coats dried, I used a thin coat of Out the Door top coat before stamping the stripes in Sally Hansen Insta Dri Whirlwind White (just to try to keep the white and red from smearing when the final top coat went on).

I used Bundle Monster plates for the stripe.  The pattern on BM 20  is pretty small, so I had to try to match up my lines in some places in order for the pattern to fit the whole nail.  It wasn't always perfect, but the final product turned out okay.

I freehanded the tips in white.  I found that if I tried to stamp them, the polish wasn't thick enough to cover the bottom of the stripes.

I intended to leave things there but I felt like something was missing.  I added a few rhinestones (I didn't have any in red!) for a little contrast.

As a side note, I'm almost 80% done with my Christmas shopping!  Woo hoo!

I hope you like the design.  Be well, Konaddicts, and remember to be good.  Santa will be here in no time!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Very, very pretty!!!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks, Jackie! I wasn't sure about this one...but it's grown on me!

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis