Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Flower Layers


So...this didn't come out exactly like I was hoping it would.  I wanted to do more layers and the intention was to layer flowers over a leafy base. 

Here are the layers:
1) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet
2) Kleancolor Holo Green
3) I stamped the leafy image from M83 with Finger Paints Sketch n Etch,a sheer green.
4) Finally, I stamped the flowers from Cheeky plate CH14 in Kleancolor Metallics Metallic Pink and Metallic Fuchsia (mixed around a little with the scraper before stamping).   I dotted with Kleancolor Metallic Yellow.

Well...I like the blending in the flowers, but I was hoping to see more of the "leafy" base.  I tend to like clean, crisp images and this pairing makes the flowers look a little like blobs.  I love the almost "hippie" like style of the flowers, but I don't think it worked for my design.

Oh, well...I'll take the "E" for "effort" and make a grab for the remover.  Take care, Konaddicts!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

pretty...makes me think of the 60's!!

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis