Wednesday, July 25, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 25: Inspired by a Fashion


I had a hard time coming up with something that I could say was inspired by a fashion.  I decided to go with something inspired by the 50s.  I wanted VERY MUCH to make poodle skirts, but that dang poodle on BM04 was just too big.  

Since my poodles, didn't work, I opted for polka dot, since so many vintage dresses seem to sport them.




I started with my stand-by red, Pure Ice Siren.  I taped the bottoms with scotch tape and polished the top portion black.  I used the dots from BM 19 to stamp the polka dots over the tips in Konad Special polish in white.  

Lot of 50s dresses have a flower on the bodice, so I added a flower from Red Angel 109 as an accent and dotted the center with red.



I like it!  I don't usually like my nails to be so dark, but the red really livens it up!"

Cool it, Konaddicts, and I'll catch you later for "Inspired by a Pattern" nails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis