Saturday, September 29, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Inspired Nails

Did anyone else grow up loving Strawberry Shortcake?  As a child, I had Strawberry Shortcake curtains, a Strawberry Shortcake comforter, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, the Berry Carrying Case...you get the idea.  Well, that nostalgia for all things Strawberry Shortcake inspired this manicure.

I normally like to say that my designs are quick - it makes it seem like I have a super exciting life to get back to!  Unfortunately, I can't pretend that is the case this time!  This one took a little time and experimentation.

I began this little overdose of sweetness with a base of Essie Fiji.  I stamped the dots - which didn't all stamp perfectly - with QA 12 - in Pure Ice Siren.  The design of the bows didn't stamp well over the pink, so I stamped a line of Konad Special Polish in White using M19.  I stamped the bows over that using Konad plate M56 and MyOnlineShop stamping polish in Apple Green.

...and I'm not done yet.  So much for the appearance of a very busy and exciting life!

I stamped a strawberry on the accent nail using Shany SH19.  I used Siren for the berry and my Kleancolor Grass Green for the stem.

...and finally (whew!), I added green rhinestones to the centers of my bows.

What a sweet confection!  Too sweet, even, for me, I think.  At least when I look down, it reminds me of those little dolls that I used to love so much.

...and also just found on eBay.  Uh oh.  :)

Have a berry good day, Konaddicts!  - Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

2 comments:

Indian Lacquerade said...

So much effort. But it bore (sweet) fruit ;)

Indian Lacquerade said...

Btw, I am your new and 50th follower. Love your art and your style :)

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis