Sunday, June 24, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 14: Flowers


Thank you to Sammy a Nailasaurus for the awesome gradient picture tutorial!  With her help, my gradient has gotten much, much better!

I also just received my the new Bundle Monster set in the mail - what a great day!  I decided to combine a new effort at gradient nails with my new Bundle Monster plates to come up with a "flowers" manicure for this day of the challenge.

I started with a base of Kleancolor Pastel Teal.  I should have tried my gradient with only two colors, but I didn't feel like the green was dark enough, so I made a gradient with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lickety Split Lime and a tiny bit of Kleancolor Grass Green.  It made the gradient a little splotchy - especially since I'm still working on this technique - but it did darken up the green a bit.

I stamped with Konad Special Polish in white using a plate from the newest Bundle Monster set - BM314.  They've got some interesting designs that I can't wait to play around with!  At their website, you can see closeups of the new set.  

To add a little contrast, I dotted the flower centers using Kleancolor Metallic Green and Metallic Aqua.

I hope you're having a great weekend, Konaddicts!  Thanks for stopping by; see you next time for "tribal" nails...

1 comments:

Jane said...

I liked the colors. Soon I will do mine too.

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis